The price is £180pp, but for this course Wellspring are offering members of the Harrogate Chamber of Commerce a special discounted price of £150pp (inc VAT). It is however open to anyone at the normal price.
MHFA training is an intensive course, delivered over 2 days. The course is aimed at those without specialist mental health training but who might encounter mental health issues in the course of their work.
Mental health problems affect us all
Early intervention can help slow down or stop a mental health problem and lead to faster recovery. The most common mental disorder in Britain is mixed anxiety and depression, with almost 9% of people meeting the criteria for diagnosis*.
However most of us know little about mental health. We often don’t spot the signs that someone else - or ourselves - is struggling until very late. An MHFA course will teach you to recognise the early signs of a mental health problem, and give you the confidence and knowledge to help.
*Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity report (2001)
The financial cost of mental health problems is huge:
- The overall cost of mental health problems in England stands at £105.2 billion a year, (taking into account care costs, sickness absence and unemployment).*
- Stress, anxiety and depression are responsible for 70 million days sick leave every year.*
- In 2003 research by the Sainsbury’s Centre for Mental Health showed that staff with mental illness not being supported cost UK businesses a total of £26bn per year – equivalent to £1,035 for every employee in the UK workforce.
- For 2009/10 updated figures estimate that the cost to UK businesses is now £30.3 billion a year-equivalent to £1206 per employee.
*The Centre for Mental Health (2010)
What will I learn on an MHFA course?
A MHFA course will teach you to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
‘I have a much better understanding of how other people may be feeling.’
‘Given me confidence and more empathy towards mental health issues.’
‘In 13 years as a police officer I didn’t learn as much as I did in the last 2 days.’
For more information on the course please contact: email@example.com
2 day course, 26th & 27th May 2022, 9am-5pm
Wellspring House, 78 High Street, Starbeck, HG2 7LW
Special discounted price for Harrogate Chamber of Commerce members:
£150 incl. VAT